Saturday 18 July 2015

Two Week Test Food Choices/Plan of Action

So less than 48 hours away from starting the TWT and its shopping time trying to work out what meals/food I'll be having during the 2 week period

I just done a weekly (possibly 10 days) shop for under £12.00 I already had a few bits in (frozen mixed veg - carrot, cauliflower and broccoli about 1.5kg), fish, fresh carrots,tomatoes and lettuce

My shopping today consisted of more tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, peppers, sour cream, eggs, cucumber, fresh carrots, nuts, seeds and cheese

My current food intake is massively carb based bread, pasta, grains as well as junk based takeaways, crisps, cakes all foods in the bad list

I have lost weight in the last 54 days about 17lb from calorie restriction using MyFitnessPal limiting to 1940 cals per day somes days I'm over others I'm not coupled with exercise it's helped but I feel the allowance to go over for me is too tempting to fall off it the "I can make it back up tomorrow" mentality for me will lead to the symptoms returning to be fair they've never gone away so I'm definitely Carb Intolerant (weight loss is a secondary goal resolving symptoms is the main focus)

My meal ideas will be eggs for breakfast mostly or roasted veg (peppers, onion, tomatoes) with veg and meat/fish for dinner/tea with salads or cooked, nuts/seeds and cheese to snack on throughout the day with tomatoes, oils and herbs (try it it's lovely like a bruschetta) as a go to snack

I'll be preparing my meals the night before sometimes in batches and will update the test blog daily

I'm allowing tea (green tea) and coffee but cutting sweetners out (this will be difficult for me at first) I'm blending in coconut oil as a morning booster for breakfast (it's really nice) and increasing my water intake daily aswell

I'll be training at MAF (as normal) hoping for a fun longer runs than normal but can cut short if flagging due to the switch in energy focus (from sugar to fat) I will be starting a bodyweight workout routine from Monday aswell (at MAF) for 15 mins in the morning and evening (if possible)

The 1% Workout

This bodyweight workout can be done 3-4 times per week, and is intended to help you burn fat and build strength. If any of the exercises feel too hard, make modifications and build up to them.

1.     Bodyweight squats – 8-10 reps

2.     Push-ups (or knee-push ups) – 5-8 reps

3.     Plank – hold for 15 seconds

4.     Jumping Jacks – 15 reps

5.     Bodyweight Reverse Lunges – 6 reps per leg

6.     Lying Hip Raise (double or single leg) – 10 reps

How to Do it

Cycle through the exercises sequentially, resting and repeating as prescribed based on your fitness level.

Beginners: Perform exercises 1-6 in order, resting 30 seconds between each. This is one circuit. Perform a total of 4 circuits, resting 90 seconds between each. This workout should take you approximately 15 minutes.

I class myself in the beginner category as I've not trained for a while so starting from scratch.

I'm looking forward to the next 2 weeks

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this Sean, I'm going to start tomorrow too.
    (Raoul Duke)

    ReplyDelete